Talin (formerly known as Talina, Talin Mets, Talin Verin, Talno Feet, Names of Armenian Talin, Talin, renamed Talin in 1978, city since 1995) has an area of 4.4 square kilometers. Ptolemy refers to a settlement called Talina. In 1828-30 Armenians settled here from Kars, Nakhichevan, Bayazet, Alashkert, later rescued from the Armenian Genocide, displaced from Sasun and other places of Western Armenia. It has 4.5 thousand inhabitants(2017 census).
Talin is Situated on the south-western slope of Mount Aragats, near Arteni Mountain, it is 1585 m above sea level.The climate is moderately terrestrial. The distance from Yerevan is 4.4 km 2, 65 km.
There are 2 general education, art, music and sports schools, kindergartens, hospital, polyclinic, communication hub, geological museum.
Notable historical and architectural monuments are the churches of Katoghike (VII century) and St. Astvatsatsin (1866, in the construction Katoghike sculptured stones were used). On the road from Talin to Dashtadem is one of the famous medieval caravans (XII-XIII centuries).